Please join us for the Mountain States Genetics Regional Collaborative 2012-2013 Annual Meeting, to be held March 17-19, 2013 in Phoenix, AZ. This meeting is a cross between our usual annual and mid-year meeting schedules, focusing on our new grant activities with a few plenary sessions and more time for the workgroups to meet. You can download the draft agenda here.
The Sheraton Phoenix Downtown
340 North 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Registration and Hotel Information
Please complete your registration by February 13, 2013. Register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MSGRCannual20122013.
You must make your hotel reservations directly through the MSGRC by completing this registration survey. If you have questions about accommodations, please contact Stephanie Ondrias at email@example.com or 512-279-3920. Please DO NOT make your sleeping room reservations through the hotel directly.
**IMPORTANT for those attending both the MSGRC and ACMG meetings** - The 2012-2013 Annual Meeting is scheduled just prior to the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) Clinical Genetics Meeting. We have arranged with the hotel to allow a limited number of people to stay in the same room throughout both meetings. You will still need to make hotel reservations for the MSGRC meeting and the ACMG meeting separately using our respective registration systems. When you register for our MSGRC meeting, you will indicate your check-in date and will be asked about staying over for ACMG. We will work directly with the Sheraton to link with your ACMG reservation.
The MSGRC will reimburse workgroup members, consumer and family members, speakers, project staff, and advisory council members for MSGRC 2012-2013 Annual Meeting related travel costs. However, all regional and national stakeholders are welcome to attend the meeting! You can find the travel reimbursement form here. Be sure to look at the instructions sheet attached to the form for details about MSGRC reimbursement policies.
MSGRC will not reimburse participants for hotel rooms during the ACMG Clinical Genetics Meeting. For those participants also attending ACMG, we ask that you share the costs of travel if possible. If you’d like to discuss this, please contact Liza Creel.
PowerPoint presentations from several of the plenary speakers are available. If you are looking for a presentation and it isn’t listed here, please contact Liza Creel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State of the Region, presented by Celia Kaye, MD, PhD, MSGRC Project Director and Kathryn Hassell, MD, MSGRC Associate Project Director
- Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children (SACHDNC), presented by Joseph A. Bocchini, Jr. MD, SACHDNC Chair & Professor and Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health – Shreveport
- National Coordinating Center for the Regional Genetic and Newborn Screening Collaboratives (NCC), presented by Alisha Keehn, MPA, Project Manager, NCC and Debbie Maiese, MPA, Evaluator, NCC
- National Genetics Education and Consumer Network (NGECN) and Genetic Alliance, presented by Sharon Romelczyk, MPA, Project Manager, NGECN
- Newborn Screening Technical Assistance and Evaluation Program (NewSTEPs), presented by Marci Sontag, PhD, Director of Epidemiology, NewSTEPs
- Newborn Screening Translational Research Network (NBSTRN), presented by Amy J. Hoffman, MPH, Project Manager, NBSTRN
- Utah CCHD Demonstration Grant, presented by Harper Randall, MD, FAAP, Medical Director, Division of Family Health and Preparedness, Utah Department of Health
- Texas Pulse Oximetry Project (TxPOP), presented by Alice Gong, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and Charleta Guillory, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Neonatology Section, Baylor College of Medicine
- Use of Telehealth in CCHD Screening, presented by Robert Puntel, MD, FAAP, FACC, Staff Cardiologist, Phoenix Children’s Hospital